The CCSS Forum is a voluntary organization of security software vendors, operating system providers, and Internet browser software creators who are working together to mitigate the risk of malware and protect consumers worldwide.
Members of the CCSS Forum are all working towards:
- Mitigating the risk of malicious intent and software,
- Creating standards for the industry, and
- Including all security providers in order to maximize the benefit and protection of the end users.
The current goals of the forum are to:
- Develop standards in detecting and identifying malware
- Provide an avenue for easy communication about industry problems for vendors
- Act as a point of contact with other industries that are affecting the current state of the industry